Did you know that almost 55% of social browsers on looking at products on social media? Making sure you are up-to-date on your social media strategy is important to creating valuable content and engaging with your audience. For new businesses, social media can be daunting. There are certain tasks you need to be checking on to make sure you are utilizing social media to its fullest potential. You want to make sure you are not spending all your time on social media.
Here is a brief checklist of what you should be checking every day, week, month, and quarter.
Your Social Media Strategy Every Day
- You should be checking comments and your DMs every day. Now this doesn’t mean check on these every time you see the notification. Put aside 15 minutes each day to reply to comments and your inbox. Timely engagement goes a long way to keeping followers.
- Check on your competitors. Leave meaningful comments to questions that their followers leave on their posts. Don’t be salesy or attempt to poach them.
Your Social Media Strategy Every Week
- Check on or create your posting schedule for the week. Has anything changed that you should get completed now? Make sure everything is scheduled or ready to go.
- Take time to look at your competitors and find their best performing content. What are they doing that is working? Don’t copy, but see how you can make it your own or give your own unique take on.
Your Social Media Strategy Every Month
- This is a great time to look at your insights. How is your engagement? What posts are doing well, and which aren’t? Knowing how your account is performing as a whole helps you determine the type of content your audience is loving. Thus, creating more of it!
- Research any upcoming news or updates in your industry. Start creating content based on this so you are showing your followers that you are in the know. You can also utilize this as a way to show followers why your product or service is so useful for them.
Your Social Media Strategy Every Quarter
- Check your KPIs. This can be your follower count, engagement rate, or anything you chose as a marker for success. Did you reach them? If not, this is a good time to reevaluate why and how to change things to reach those goals.
- Run an audit and see if you are hitting your target audience. If you noticed you gained less followers from your target audience, this is a good time to re-strategize your content so it does speak to your customer.
- Now is the time to set your goals for the next quarter. What would you like your platforms to do for you? Make sure your team is in the know so that you all can work together to make social media a success!
Your social media strategy doesn’t need to be a scary monster you dread facing every time you open it. With setting time limits, obtainable goals, and creating meaningful content, you will find success with getting your business out there.
Are you looking for a web design agency in Dallas TX? Send us a message today to see how we can help your Dallas-based business!